My main research interest is mollusks, especially land and freshwater snails (eventually I dabble in some other topics, though). I work with both fossil and recent animals, in the areas of taxonomy, paleoecology and biogeography; also, my work with recent animals is often relevant for conservation efforts. I also have experience with the curatorship of fossil and recent museum collections (of mollusks, naturally).
I firmly believe that one of researchers’ main goals is (or should be) to transmit science to the public, so I’m often involved in science outreach.
My other interests span archaeology (especially Egyptology), mythology and general geek culture.
- 2016 – PhD in Natural Sciences, Paleontology (Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen; Tübingen, Germany)
- 2011 – Master of Science, Zoology (University of São Paulo; São Paulo, Brazil)
- 2010 – Licentiate in Biological Sciences (University of São Paulo; São Paulo, Brazil)
- 2009 – Bachelor in Biological Sciences (University of São Paulo; São Paulo, Brazil)
- Check List: subject editor (Mollusca)
- Journal of Geek Studies: editor-in-chief
- Strombus: managing editor